Cross Hire Services regards environmental protection as an essential requirement of its operations. The company regards environmental protection as a management responsibility ranking equally with responsibilities for health and safety, production and sales.
The company is committed to:
- Taking all practicable steps to ensure that its present and future activities do not have a detrimental effect on the environment.
- Using the best available techniques or technology (BAT) to control any emissions to atmosphere, trade effluent noise and the handling and disposal of waste arising from its operations.
- Co-operate fully with the relevant authorities in meeting its legal obligations.
- Using resources with care.
- Ensuring that all employees are aware of their responsibilities regarding environmental protection and that they receive proper instruction and training in this aspect of their work.
- Develop management processes, operational procedures and audit capabilities to ensure that systems in place prevent environmental damage.
- Progressively improve levels of environmental protection.
- The Cross Refrigeration Environmental Policy provides the frame work for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- The company policy is available to the public.
Responsibility for ensuring that environmental policies are established, implemented and maintained rests with the management. It is the responsibility of all employees to co-operate with management to ensure that the companies objectives with regard to environmental protection are achieved, recognizing that changes in practices and facilities may be required if these needs are to be met
Chris Mc Fadden